What is Lifestage Health?
Our unique health and wellbeing needs change as we move through the key stages of life. From adolescence to adulthood and later years, new life events occur, bringing physical and mental challenges that affect not only ourselves but our families, friends and colleague’s too. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) must be at the heart of lifestage health support, ensuring all employees are supported.
Lifestage heath support isn't a tick-box exercise that starts and ends with a policy. It's an organisational culture change involving education, awareness, communication and support for employees through important and often challenging periods of their lives. Getting this right in the moments that matter is a vital ingredient to delivering a compelling employee value proposition.
Meet some of our providers:
Why is lifestage health important?
of women experience menopause symptoms
couples struggle with infertility
of women leave the workforce due to the menopause and 1 in 4 consider leaving
employees undergoing fertility treatment consider leaving their jobs
working days lost each year in the UK due to the menopause, the equivalent of £1.88 billion in lost productivity
of employees facing fertility challenges will change job for a company with fertility benefits
What makes our approach different?
We have put together a suite of providers to ensure we cover the unique needs of all of our clients. This panel of specialists support in different areas throughout the whole journey from education and support through to diagnostics and treatments.
Our solution provides:
- Support for Menopause, Family Planning and Chronic Reproductive Illness.
- Equity within the workplace, offering inclusive education, support and solutions that meet the diverse needs of all employees (regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, relationship status and more).
- The flexibility to choose solutions from our suite of providers that are aligned to their culture and values and that meet the unique requirements their workforce.
Bupa offer a full menopause plan with ongoing support for 12 months with access to menopause trained nurses via a 24/7 helpline.
Hertility Health provide health assessments, telemedicine and treatments for hormone and fertility testing, PCOS tests as well as perimenopause and menopause testing and treatment.
Peppy provide specialised gender-inclusive and family healthcare, including personalised support for menopause, women's health, men's health, fertility, and pregnancy and early parenthood.
Sora by Syrona Health combines data with cutting edge medical research and technology to raise the standard of Gynaecological care. SORA life stage pathways include chronic reproductive health issues, fertility, cancer support, parenthood and menopause.
Tackling the stigma around Women’s Health
As part of our Lifestage Health consulting, we are supporting clients in tackling stigma, presenteeism and absenteeism in the workplace resulting from menopause, fertility/infertility and chronic reproductive illnesses. In doing so clients can further advance workplace DEI, engagement, recruitment and retention. Some stats to frame the challenges include:
- Women of menopausal age are the fastest growing demographic in the UK workforce, yet 20% of women aged 45 - 60 leave jobs due to menopause. (Syrona)
- 100% of women will experience menopause, with 90% feeling symptoms that affect their work performance. (Peppy)
- 80% of women experience reproductive health symptoms at work with 9 days total productivity lost per year due to presenteeism. (Hertility)
- 63% of an organisation’s benefit policies are not inclusive of LGBTQ+ employees and their partners. (Syrona)