Rapid access to private consultants
Private medical insurance provides employees with rapid access to private consultants, diagnostic tests and specialist treatment.
Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) works closely with businesses to broker and implement appropriate cover, manage business risk and protect your employees.
SimpleMMB’s PMI experts can help you find the right PMI policy for your business, whether you’re implementing it for the first time or updating existing cover to meet new workplace and employee needs.
Well-researchedWe have long-term relationships with all the major health insurers, and the scale of our client base means that we are in a great position to negotiate exceptional deals and ensure return on investment.
For all businessesWhether you’re a start-up of one or a multi-national corporation, MMB can help support your PMI needs.
Unique partnershipsOur strong provider relationships mean that we are able to negotiate Preferred Partnership Agreements (PPAs) with major insurers, giving small businesses access to the same types of cover as large organisations.
Delivers peace of mindWhen an employee has an illness, is in discomfort or even unable to work, the main priority is to make sure they are treated as soon as possible and receive the best available treatment.
How you can benefit
We help employers develop policies that are right for their workforce. A typical policy might provide employees with fast access to a private consultant, diagnostic tests and if required in/day patient treatment. Some policies will offer private GP appointments, or access to a virtual GP, and can book consultations with a specialist for you.
Some of the features and benefits of PMI include:
- Treatment in clean, modern facilities, with advanced technology.
- Cover for serious illnesses, such as cancer.
- Choice over who will supervise your treatment and which hospital you visit.
- Physiotherapy and complementary practitioner treatment.
- Access to your own, private room.
- Unrestricted visiting hours.
As an insurance intermediary, Mercer Limited, trading as Mercer Marsh Benefits' (MMB) role is to place insurance coverage for our clients. We are compensated in a variety of ways, including commissions and fees paid by insurance companies and fees paid by clients. MMB may receive compensation through one or a combination of the methods listed below:
In common with many financial organisations, we provide a range of services to many clients. We also provide certain services to insurers. Situations may arise in which the interest of a client may conflict with those of another client or with our own interest.
Accordingly, we have policies and procedures in place to ensure that should such circumstances arise, they are managed appropriately.
In an effort to advance the interests of our clients, we constantly search for innovative offerings and solutions.
Prepare for the benefits of PMI
To make sure that employers and employees both get the most out of PMI cover, here are three key points to think about:
- Understand what you want your PMI package to achieve — both in terms of meeting business objectives and giving cover to employees.
- Decide how to communicate PMI’s value — this is a great opportunity to show employees that you are committed to making sure they are safe and cared for through work.
- Create a joined-up approach to wellbeing — PMI is an important cornerstone of employee wellbeing strategies. Making sure employees know when and how to use PMI as part of their wellbeing benefits will help support return on investment.