Private equity services
- Unrealised value potential due to limitations in human capital strategy.
- Lack of information on HR readiness going into the close.
- Not enough attention paid to skill sets and redundancies.
- No framework for identifying and delivering high-impact quick wins early in the hold.
- Waiting too long to upgrade HR leadership and develop a roadmap.
- Not linking HR to the deal journey.
- Ignoring the people risks and factors that derail deals and interfere with value creation.
We view private equity deals with a different lens
Research and experience show that to maximise a deal’s potential, human resources (HR) must be in a position to unlock and amplify value. Wherever possible, it is in the best interests of a private equity investor to enable HR as a strategic partner.
Mercer’s approach to private equity consulting differs from that of other firms. We focus on exit value and help buyers optimise the value of their deals by advising them which human capital levers to focus on post-close. These levers include: workforce management, culture and governance, attrition and retention, diversity, equity and inclusion, skills matching, operations and systems architecture. All have the ability to significantly swing the pendulum from failure to success.
By intentionally and thoughtfully aligning our clients’ people strategies to their business objectives, we help them improve productivity, reduce disruptive forces, enhance data integrity and accelerate efficiencies. This allows us to unlock the greatest value creation potential. Our approach brings many benefits: