of women-owned private equity firms are in the top quartile*
of minority-owned private equity firms are in the top quartile*
- Finding new sources of performance
- Diversifying risk/return drivers in portfolios
- Identifying and accessing new managers
- Due diligence checks and monitoring performance
- Allocating the time, resources and expertise to expedite the change
- Accelerate the financial sector transformation to offer opportunities for all
How we’re investigating additional return sources: the diverse manager market
Discover our DEI “Leap continuum”
We are committed to uncovering new and pioneering investment opportunities for our clients. We have identified the diverse manager market as such an opportunity.
Inspired by the concept of overcoming obstacles, we call our full range of research, advice and investment solutions - including a new private markets solution - the “Leap continuum.” It enables investor clients to not only explore additional return sources, but also accelerate the amount of capital being allocated to more diverse private markets investment managers.
Through the Leap continuum, our clients can combine economics with empathy and seek robust returns while making progress toward DEI goals. The deep expertise of our investments business backed by our wide-ranging specialist experience in DEI consulting differentiate us. We regularly assist clients with proactively improving DEI within their organizations, as we believe in the power of diverse teams to drive success.
View the client issues we aim to solve with the Leap continuum
CIOs and investment teams must show key stakeholders — such as corporate boards, CHROs and investment trustees — that they’re proactive. They need to have a plan in place before their stakeholders compel them to act.
Being proactive makes CIOs and investment teams look good; it shows they’re taking action to address stakeholder priorities.
How we're seeking robust returns while making positive progress toward DEI goals
As part of Leap, we seek to deliver investment results for our clients while making a brighter tomorrow possible.
Through our Leap private markets solutions, we seek to identify private markets managers led by women, BIPOC and other historically under-represented groups, including LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities and U.S. veterans. We draw on Mercer’s 190+ global alternatives professionals and independent investment diligence and selection process.
We aim to:
- Generate strong investment returns for our clients.
- Support the advancement of historically underrepresented groups in investments.
- Enable clients to invest in private markets funds that are owned or led by women and minority key decision-makers (KDMs), supporting DEI.
When implementing our Leap private markets solutions, we generally seek to identify managers that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The manager’s firm is at least a third (33%) owned by women and/or minorities.
- The investment committee comprises at least 50% women and/or minorities.
- Portfolio managers comprise at least 50% women and/or minorities.
Through the Leap continuum
We can help our clients:
- Turn challenges into opportunities
- Seek out long-term sustainable returns by moving in the direction the market is heading
- Show key stakeholders they are proactively responding to change and exerting a positive influence on the market
- Appeal to the next generation of more socially ethically minded constituents.
Inclusion and Diversity at Mercer: leading the change we want to see
A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us stronger as an organization and improves the quality of our work. According to data, diverse teams also deliver greater economic success.***
By understanding value and leveraging the strengths of all colleagues, we believe we hold a differentiating advantage. Diverse teams generate richer discussions, more innovative ideas and bigger impact than teams where everyone is the same. Explore more details about Mercer’s global Diversity and Inclusion action plan which highlights our approach, strategy and actions, and commitments.
Before you access this page, please read and accept the terms and legal notices below. You are about to enter a page intended for sophisticated, institutional investors based in the USA only.
This content is provided for informational purposes only. The information provided does not constitute, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, or an offer, invitation or solicitation of any specific products or the investment management services of Mercer, or an offer or invitation to enter into any portfolio management mandate with Mercer.
Past performance is not an indication of future performance. If you are not able to accept these terms and conditions, please decline and do not proceed further. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw access to any page(s) included on this website without notice at any time and Mercer accepts no liability if, for any reason, these pages are unavailable at any time or for any period.