Align people practices with business priorities
Prioritise, develop and fund the right people practices
Strategic workforce planning provides a rational business basis for prioritising, developing and funding the people practices needed to support key business objectives. In times of uncertainty and transition, your workforce plan is fundamental to the creation and delivery of your business strategy. Proactive strategic workforce planning will enable your organisation to create clarity from the chaos of constant change.
For more than 20 years, Mercer has provided analytics and insights to help clients persevere through market crashes, rebounds and pandemics. Our methodology and tools have enabled these companies to align their people strategies with their business strategies and to achieve their goals.
Strengthen and build resilience in your business plan
Strengthen in good times
When corporate says, “we need to invest in digital transformation.”
- Where are the best external sources of tech-savvy talent?
- Which members of our existing workforce have skill sets that can be transferred easily to the development of new technologies?
Build resilience in tough times
When corporate says, “we need to respond to broad-based economic shocks.”
- Should cuts be made to high-volume employees and managers?
- If we rely on natural attrition, how will our organisation structure change?
- Which skills are the most critical to retain and which can we easily source?
- Can we redeploy our existing employees?