What’s the impact of one job on your organisation’s success?
Know you are hiring the right talent, specifically for your business
Mercer IPE (International Position Evaluation) is a global job evaluation and classification methodology based on tested business-related factors and dimensions.
IPE works because it truly reflects the core job attributes you need.
The job evaluation method provides an organising framework based on:
- A job's analysis and classification as well as its value within the context of an organisation.
- The wider commercial environment.
IPE implementation takes into consideration your company hierarchy, the complexities of the business, and the alignment of jobs to the business objectives.
Our proprietary job evaluation methodology enables your organisation to establish a global and market-leading role definition and evaluation framework.
The framework helps you:
- Manage a multi-generational workforce with different motivators
- Overcome talent and skill scarcity
- Integrate technology and automation
- Incorporate talent data in your decision making
- Integrate new working models
- Facilitate talent mobility
- Reduce workforce costs
- Minimise your talent-related risk
So your business can focus on growth.
Benefits of implementing IPE
- Support talent management and reward programmes through consistent and reliable job classification
- Facilitate flexibility and talent mobility across the organisation
- Maximise HR spend through better alignment of jobs and people to bands/ranges
- Optimise your HRIS through consistent job definition, use of data elements, and enhanced reporting and analytics
- Facilitate HR and management decision-making with respect to resource utilisation and rewards
Is the job right for your size?
Organisation sizing plays a key role in quantifying the level of impact - and contribution - a job has on your organisation's success.
Mercer IPE's organisation sizing approach is delivered through a value chain assessment and helps differentiate segments of your business based on three components:
- Economic volume
IPE evaluation factors
The Mercer IPE evaluation factors reflect the latest thinking on how successful companies view and evaluate jobs. Consistent application of these factors during the evaluation process can:
- Enhance business understanding
- Support the assessment of relationships between jobs and job families
- Fairly align your jobs between levels, among business segments, and across borders
ImpactA job’s depth and breadth of influence on the organisation.
CommunicationThe communication skills a job requires, including the audience and purpose of the communication.
InnovationThe level of problem solving, design and development skills a job requires, and the nature of the problems it encounters.
KnowledgeThe technical skills and knowledge a job needs. Knowledge includes people management skills and geographic context.
RiskThe nature of mental and physical risks associated with a role and the conditions in which it operates.