Rethink and reorganize work
How can we build a workforce strategy for an unknown future?
Prepare for the future of work
- Analyze the tasks and activities that underpin jobs and workflows.
- Identify tasks that are best suited for automation or redeployment to alternative talent.
- Determine which task delivery can be enhanced through automation or other means including gig work, internal talent marketplaces, outsourcing, shared services and more, and understand the impact on your organization.
- Create new jobs and workflows based on the new work options.
- Discover the skills you need for more efficient and sustainable operation.
How do you get to the desired state?
Starting with the work (current and future tasks), not with existing jobs
Combining people and automation
Considering the full array of work arrangements (such as full-time employment, gig and freelance working, alliances, joint projects and other alternatives)
Allowing talent to “flow to work” rather than being dedicated to fixed, permanent jobs
“With so many employers looking to adopt a skills-first approach, many of them are realizing that it's incredibly difficult to go beyond jobs to granular skills insights for decision-making purposes. To solve that, Mercer Work Design helps employers to deconstruct, analyze, and reconstruct jobs down to the fundamental skill level. Mercer's global expertise in workplace trends, skills and other areas makes this a tremendous offering for future-focused employers."
- Ben Eubanks, Chief Research Officer, Lighthouse Research & Advisory
We deliver hypothesis-driven and evidence-based transformation, underpinned by industry benchmarks and deep analytics to demonstrate the return on investment. Our approach has a number of advantages over traditional and emerging competitors.
Human-centered and empathetic. We believe transformation only works when it’s people-centered. Empathy is our core competency for activating each and everybody for the change.
Senior advisor guidance. Our senior consultants observe, listen and challenge the status quo. They guide by leveraging decades of experience and globally recognized thought leadership.
Enablement for self-sustainment. We become an integral part of your team, activating people around us. Working closely together, we transfer knowledge and digital assets while building the capabilities you need for a successful and sustainable journey beyond our engagement.