Employee financial wellness
Support employee financial confidence
The platform includes three main pillars:
Curated financial wellness educationEmployees can access trusted, timely information organized by significant life events, offering personalized and inclusive solutions to their current needs.
Tools and resources to promote learning and confidenceFrom budgeting tools and games to calculators and videos, your employees get access to and extensive set of solutions.
One-on-one support for those who need it mostGiving employees direct access to trusted, unbiased vendors. All vendors are vetted to ensure they focus on fulfilling the needs of employees before, at and beyond retirement.
Your employee roadmap to financial wellness
Your employee financial wellness journey begins with learning. We offer three learning videos, segmented into easy-to-follow themes:
- The first video focuses on the reaction of capital markets to the pandemic. Highlighting financial market challenges and opportunities, the video underscores the need for interventions to manage market volatility.
- The second video looks at some of the ways markets are responding to volatility as the economy emerges from the pandemic. We emphasize the importance of understanding the relationships between both stocks and inflation and bonds and interest rates. The video gives an overview of how these relationships may have been impacted by the pandemic.
- The third video focuses on the importance of personal engagement through the development of financial habits that improve well-being. We outline simple steps that can be used to manage financial wellness and engage with financial goals.
If you’re ready to enhance the financial wellness of your employees, please contact your Mercer consultant today to learn more about our video series.
The link between financial wellness and business
Improving employee financial wellness today — and tomorrow
Mercer’s Financial Wellness Index helps you gain deeper insights into how to improve the financial wellness of your employees. The index benchmarks a broad range of factors, including financial stress, indebtedness, savings and retirement readiness. Equipped with this robust information, we can help you develop a comprehensive financial security strategy that supports your employees — and your organization.
The gradual shift from defined benefit (DB) to defined contribution (DC) retirement savings programs has prompted employers to take a closer look at how well they prepare employees for retirement. However, many employers lack the specific metrics and benchmarks they need to measure the success of their HR strategies, employee outreach plans and the governance of non-investment-related plans.
Take a research based approach to support employee financial wellness
The first of its kind, the Mercer Financial Wellness Index provides a baseline analysis of employee financial wellness. With this tool, employers can now assess their employees against the broader Canadian workforce and evaluate gaps, challenges and opportunities.
By utilizing this robust benchmarking data, we can help you:
- Evaluate the financial wellness trends, gaps and opportunities of your employees compared to the Canadian market.
- Develop a targeted strategic roadmap that identifies financial wellness goals and appropriate interventions to improve your employees’ financial and physical health.
- Improve how financial wellness programs are governed — including implementing metrics to track and measure workplace savings and your employees’ financial security.
- Increase employee engagement in financial wellness programs using innovative approaches that target different demographics.
- Align your financial wellness programs with your broader HR or employee engagement strategies.
How Mercer can help
Mercer can help you improve the overall well-being of your employees by combining your financial wellness strategy with your broader wellness initiatives. Using this holistic approach, you can refine your entire employee benefits experience, from onboarding to retirement.
By working with Mercer, you can better understand your workforce metrics and identify areas for improvement. Together, we can implement a customized financial wellness plan that will support employees today, and take your employee value proposition to the next level.
Defined contribution delegated solution: Mercer Future Wise™A defined contribution solution provides advantages for both sponsors and members.
Retirement readiness analyticsHow ready is your workforce for retirement? Retirement readiness analytics can help you create an action plan.
Defined contribution plan diagnosticDiscover your plan governance profile.
Before you access this page, please read and accept the terms and legal notices below. You’re about to enter a page intended for sophisticated, institutional investors only.
This content is provided for informational purposes only. The information provided does not constitute, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, or an offer, invitation or solicitation of any specific products or the investment management services of Mercer, or an offer or invitation to enter into any portfolio management mandate with Mercer.
Past performance is not an indication of future performance. If you are not able to accept these terms and conditions, please decline and do not proceed further. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw access to any page(s) included on this website without notice at any time and Mercer accepts no liability if, for any reason, these pages are unavailable at any time or for any period.