Mercer executive financial planning services
Mercer provides a comprehensive financial planning service for senior employees that helps them organise their financial affairs, better understand the options available and make the best possible decisions about their future financial wellbeing.
We can tailor the nature and scope of our executive financial planning services to suit your preferences. Our advice can focus exclusively on company-specific pay and benefits or encompass the entirety of the executive’s financial circumstances and objectives.
Dealing with the effect of the pension cap
The pension cap will be an issue for you if you have employees with:
- Company pension benefits in excess of the standard fund threshold
- Substantial deferred pension benefits from other employments that may, together with their company pension, put them over the cap
- With a trajectory to exceed the cap before retirement age and without plans to address this
If you have employees in any of the above categories or are unsure about whether the cap affects your company, it is important that you act early rather than waiting for the value of key employees’ pension benefits to exceed the limit. Find out more about the SFT here
Why should employers support senior executive financial planning?
Steps to take now
- Review senior employees’ pension benefits to determine the scale of the issue
- Consider how you need to alter your benefits structure to cater for key employees in this position
- Ensure that affected employees receive an executive financial planning session so that they know what steps to take
Mercer executive financial planning advice and solutions
Mercer is uniquely positioned to offer all-encompassing financial planning advice. Our specialist financial planning team has an extensive range of skills and experience that brings together actuarial, investment, pensions, and protection expertise.
As part of a global company employing over 17,000 people worldwide, Mercer is Ireland’s leading pension, investment, and employee benefits consultant. With over 40 years of experience in the Irish market, we have a wealth of knowledge, experience and insight enabling us to deliver tailored, results-driven solutions to our clients.