Integrated talent strategies
- Attracting, developing and retaining talent for the most critical roles in the company
- Growing competition and changing talent expectations
- Combining business and people priorities, with the talent experience at the centre
- Assessing and understanding the people and skills we have now and preparing for what we will need in the future
- Upskilling and reskilling the workforce to address significant business challenges
- Rethinking how to prioritise talent related to automation, AI and other digital forces
- Understanding what different employee populations expect from us
Craft a future-focused talent strategy
Today’s organisations face unprecedented pressure to reskill and redeploy talent to stay competitive. A more diverse demographic profile, digital ways of working and shifting expectations are reshaping the future of work. These forces demand a rethink of how organisations prepare to attract, develop and retain talent for the most critical roles needed now and in the future. The right talent creates innovative cultures within a company and thus can attract more of the best talent.
An effective talent management strategy helps to:
- Transform the organisation and work design into a simpler, more agile structure, moving away from a traditional multilayered organisation
- Identify the levers needed to address and solve people-centred challenges
- Align innovative technology and skills to transform the workplace
- Balance the strategic business and workforce strategies with operational implementation
Future-proof your organisation by closing the readiness gap and addressing the people impact
Create an impactful talent strategy
With an ever-evolving operational environment posing new challenges in redefining work, flexible arrangements and emerging to a post-pandemic world, organisations — now, more than ever — need to reset their talent priorities with a refreshed strategy.
These five key questions are crucial to consider during a talent management strategy refresh:
- What is the best framework for activating our organisation’s business strategy through the lens of human capital?
- How is our organisation’s talent distributed across critical demographics, and what is the projection for the future?
- What external talent forces need to be considered as we think about their impact on our workforce?
- What is our view on how work will be redefined to deliver responsibilities within increasingly agile frameworks?
- How do we ensure diversity, equity and inclusion are woven into our end-to-end value proposition?
Talent strategies prioritise future workforce needs
Business impactincludes the internal and external factors that shape an organisation and its people and capability needs. Excellent talent management tangibly supports business objectives and strategies.
People impactconcerns user/target group needs and preferences. Excellent talent management delivers on employee expectations, which is also measurable through engagement and performance.
Talent experienceaggregates the experiences of everyone in an organisation. It concerns talent management touchpoints and processes within a talent framework that caters to the interests of both the business and the people.
Bringing the talent management framework to life
Strategy and purpose
- Tangible value for the business
- Holistic workforce planning and derivation of priorities and measures
- Focus on critical target groups
- Future-oriented decisions
Services and processes
- Talent strategy as basis for target-group offerings and services
- Engaging platforms and formats
- Connected talent services along the employee lifecycle
- Smart integration of technology
Organisation and roles
- Talent management roles based on business and people needs
- Clear and purposeful distribution of responsibilities and tasks
- Sensible interaction and connections
- Active involvement of the business
Culture and leadership
- Inclusive communication, dialogue and enablement
- Transparent communication on opportunities and expectations
- Aligned leadership mindset
- Empowerment of employees