13 February 2023
|Rank||Fund Name||Scheme Name||YTD return as of 30 September 2021|
|1||Manulife Global Select European Equity Fund||Manulife Global Select||17.53%|
|2||Hang Seng SuperTrust Plus ValueChoice US Equity Fund||Hang Seng SuperTrust Plus||17.09%|
|3||HSBC SuperTrust Plus ValueChoice US Equity Fund||HSBC SuperTrust Plus||17.09%|
|4||Manulife Global Select North American Equity Fund||Manulife Global Select||16.78%|
|5||Manulife Global Select Japan Equity Fund||Manulife Global Select||15.56%|
|6||Hang Seng SuperTrust Plus North American Equity Fund||Hang Seng SuperTrust Plus||15.21%|
|7||HSBC SuperTrust Plus North American Equity Fund||HSBC SuperTrust Plus||15.21%|
|8||Principal Series 800 US Equity Fund - D||Principal Series 800||14.93%|
|9||AIA Prime North American Equity Fund||AIA Prime Value Choice||14.85%|
|10||BOC-Prudential Easy-Choice North America Index Tracking Fund||BOC-Prudential Easy-Choice||14.42%|
Note: Past performance is neither an adequate test of comparative performance nor a reliable indicator of absolute level of returns in the future.
- In 2021 Q3, we observed the uptrend momentum weaken on equity funds.
- Under equity fund class, North America Equity Fund has been the best-performing asset class year-to-date in 2021, followed by Europe Equity and Global Equity, with average return of 15.0%, 11.4% and 10.4% respectively. Furthermore, North America Equity Fund, European Equity Fund and Japan Equity Fund, hold dominant position among top 10 funds of the period in terms of investment performance.
- On the contrary, China Index Tracking Funds have been the worst-performing asset class, followed by China (actively managed) Funds and HK (actively managed) Funds, with average return of -14.6%, -10.6% and -9.7% respectively.
- The market sentiment was impacted by the concerns over inflation and the outlook of interest rate, the sentiments towards China also weekend by the government’s regulatory crackdown affecting different sectors that caused a sell-off in China equity funds.
- Do you know? : A 1% difference in annual investment return can result in ~50% difference in accumulated retirement benefits over a 40-year saving period.
What Mercer Can Do For You
- Review providers for best in market fees and services
o Negotiate with existing provider to improve fees and services
o Select new providers to replace or add for diversification from incumbent
- Implementation MPF solutions and employee communications
- Support employee engagement programs as it relates to MPF benefits
- Bring you latest market insights from our vantage point in the industry
Mercer is one of the Marsh & McLennan Companies, together with Guy Carpenter, Marsh and Oliver Wyman. This publication is not intended to be taken as advice regarding any individual situation and should not be relied upon as such. The information contained herein is based on sources we believe reliable, but we make no representation or warranty as to its accuracy. Mercer shall have no obligation to update this publication and shall have no liability to you or any other party arising out of this publication or any matter contained herein. Any statements concerning actuarial, tax, accounting or legal matters are based solely on our experience as brokers and risk consultants and are not to be relied upon as actuarial, tax, accounting or legal advice, for which you should consult your own professional advisors. Any modeling, analytics, or projections are subject to inherent uncertainty, and could be materially affected if any underlying assumptions, conditions, information, or factors are inaccurate or incomplete or should change. Mercer makes no representation or warranty concerning the application of the offering or the financial condition or solvency of service providers. Mercer makes no assurances regarding the availability, cost, or terms of offering. Although Mercer may provide advice and recommendations, all decisions regarding the amount, type or terms of offering are the sole responsibility of the purchaser, who must decide on the specific coverage that is appropriate to its particular circumstances and financial position. Any offering is subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the applicable individual product. Terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions (if any) are subject to individual underwriting review and are subject to change.
This publication does not constitute or form part of any offer or solicitation or invitation to sell by either Marsh or Mercer to provide any regulated services or products in any country in which either Marsh or Mercer has not been authorized or licensed to provide such regulated services or products. You accept this document on the understanding that it does not form the basis of any contract.
The availability, nature and provider of any services or products, as described herein, and applicable terms and conditions may therefore vary in certain countries as a result of applicable legal and regulatory restrictions and requirements.
Please consult your Marsh or Mercer consultants regarding any restrictions that may be applicable to the ability of Marsh or Mercer to provide regulated services or products to you in your country.