Private equity services
- Unrealized value potential due to limitations in human capital strategy.
- Lack of information on HR readiness going into the close.
- Not enough attention paid to skill sets and redundancies.
- No framework for identifying and delivering high-impact quick wins early in the hold.
- Waiting too long to upgrade HR leadership and develop a roadmap.
- Not linking HR to the deal journey.
- Ignoring the people risks and factors that derail deals and interfere with value creation.
We view private equity deals with a different lens
Research and experience show that to maximize a deal’s potential, human resources (HR) must be in a position to unlock and amplify value. Wherever possible, it is in the best interests of a private equity investor to enable HR as a strategic partner.
Mercer’s approach to private equity consulting differs from that of other firms. We focus on exit value and help buyers optimize the value of their deals by advising them which human capital levers to focus on post-close. These levers include: workforce management, culture and governance, attrition and retention, diversity, equity and inclusion, skills matching, operations and systems architecture. All have the ability to significantly swing the pendulum from failure to success.
By intentionally and thoughtfully aligning our clients’ people strategies to their business objectives, we help them improve productivity, reduce disruptive forces, enhance data integrity and accelerate efficiencies. This allows us to unlock the greatest value creation potential. Our approach brings many benefits:
Evolved private-equity HR support goes beyond due diligence to maximize deal value
Delivering the deal by mitigating risks and removing factors that can derail a project
of deals fail primarily due to people risks.
of executives report that workforce risks were not quantified or built into the financial model.
report the leadership team as the primary cause the financial targets outlined in the deal model are not met.
increase in sales
Mercer’s value proposition
What makes Mercer different?
years of deal experience