Punching above your (asset) weight
We know that your DB scheme isn’t as big as some others are, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have big expectations of the service you, your members and your sponsor receive - and those big expectations shouldn’t have to mean a big price tag!
At Mercer, we understand that pensions should be about people, not about the size of the scheme they’re in. That’s why, in 2021, we’re hosting a series of webinars specifically for schemes with Assets Under Management of less than £250m who expect more from their provider.
So, if you’re interested in finding out how we’re able to:
- Put your members first – by ensuring member well-being is core to the advice we provide, optimising the likelihood of delivering benefit promises and fulfilling your duty of care.
- Be outcomes driven – by making sure that every decision that you make takes you one-step closer to achieving the clear objectives that you have set.
- Bring curated expertise – by solving the problems you do not yet know you have through access to a broad spread of experts, who help you identify and head off issues.
- Become a trusted Scheme Management partner – by taking the steps necessary to provide you with the support, information and advice, when you need it.
- Ensure cost effectiveness – by bringing effective and tailored communications, economies of scale and buying power to your Scheme.
Click Sign up for more information on the individual webinars in the series.
CEO's, FD's, CFO's, HRD's, Chair of Trustees, Trustees, Pension Managers
Endgame planning and execution
Tue, Apr 20, 2021 11:00 AM BST
Have you decided on your Defined Benefit scheme’s endgame?
If you have, have you planned how you will monitor your progress and ensure you remain on track?
If you haven’t, would you like to better understand your options and which might suit all your scheme’s stakeholders?
In the first of our series of webinars addressing specific issues faced by Defined Benefit schemes with less than £250m of Assets Under Management, we’ll be discussing endgame planning and execution.
Does cost management mean service compromise?
Tue, May 18, 2021 11:00 AM BST
Rising scheme costs, whether that be in the form of contributions, PPF Levies or provider fees, is a concern for schemes of all sizes. Many schemes are looking to reduce costs but at the very least, they are looking for greater cost certainty.
This is becoming a balancing act, especially for smaller schemes. Increasingly they are being expected – not asked - to accept a service that is simply compliant, when what they need more than ever is a proactive service that adds value, if they want to achieve cost certainty.
Big ideas for smaller schemes?
Wed, Jun 16, 2021 11:00 AM BST
Despite most DB schemes facing similar challenges, it may appear easier for some to access the right support, information and advice. Why? Because traditionally it is the larger schemes that the industry focuses on. Simply put, the larger the scheme the more likely a bespoke solution will be found to address their issue.
The good news for schemes with AUM of £250m or less is that those bespoke arrangements are increasingly being repurposed and repositioned to help you.
Timezone: Timezone converter