Know the talent you have and need
Advance your talent strategies for the new shape of work. Start with an assessment of your organisation’s talent and leadership teams’ current skills to gain an understanding of the gaps you need to bridge in building your workforce of the future.
Use an evidence-based approach to address your unique challenges while supporting a positive employee experience.
Talent assessment challenges
- How do we understand the skillset of the talent we have today?
- What roles do we need for the future, and what skills are required for these roles?
- Where are the gaps, and how do we fill them?
- How do we ensure our talent strategy is sustainable and future-proofed?
- What is the most efficient way to build, buy or borrow talent?
- How do we identify and retain high-potential talent?
- How do we help our talent feel supported in their career growth?
- How do we use data to make decisions for our talent pipeline?
- How can we tell if our managers have an inclusive leadership style?
- How do we build a culture of feedback to support performance management?
Aligning talent with dynamic business needs
When talent is scarce, people development, upskilling and reskilling become the keys to organisational competitiveness and sustainability. Upskilling, reskilling and flexibly deploying skills are only possible if jobs are deconstructed into skills. Skills are the new currency of work. Skills flexibility provides business resilience and agility.
Mercer’s talent assessment solutions evaluate the current state of your internal labour market and quantify the talent gaps needed to future-proof the business. Mapping and analysis can help you focus on critical populations to answer essential questions about the potential for talent supply and demand in your organisation. Future projections can then model how specific initiatives may be able to support your goals.
We can help an organisation deliver on their reskilling strategies and investments by reflecting them in the broader talent management strategy, including learning and development, performance management, and total reward practices with pay-for-skills and pay-for-development innovations.
Disruptors are changing the job landscape
Our talent assessment solutions
- Tools to find the right-fit talent based on your organisation’s needs
- Tools that accurately and consistently monitor your workforce against key skills
- Consulting to bolster a meaningful long-term people strategy
- Tools to assess leadership readiness for high-potential identification and succession-planning initiatives
- Tools to inform largescale talent development initiatives and target investment
- Tools to understand inclusiveness of your managers and leaders
- Tools to build individual development plans to support talent self-awareness and guide development
- Open discussions with consultants to improve participants’ self-awareness and guide their development
- Tools to promote the culture of feedback to improve awareness and integrate different perspectives
Mercer | Mettl: An all-in-one talent assessment solution
Mercer | Mettl is our proprietary, cloud-based talent assessment platform for hiring and skill development. This robust performance platform is tailored to your organisation and includes holistic evaluations based on psychometric assessments (personality, behaviour, cognitive and aptitude) and technical assessments (IT and non-IT skills and digital readiness) as well as stringent information security. Mercer | Mettl is also a reliable platform that supports the multi- rater or 360° feedback process. This platform caters to a wide range of experience levels and hiring methods:
- Build a tailored assessment portfolio.
- Choose from a variety of question formats and coding simulators.
- Leverage one million+ questions for scalable solutions.
- Use custom report templates to get the data you need.
- Discover a wide range of tailored solutions for skill-gap analysis, high-potential identification, succession planning, leadership development and training effectiveness.
Mercer | Mettl is a high-capacity platform, supported in 27+ languages, and is ISO27001 and ISO9001 certified.
Our approach to talent assessment
Mercer proposes a strategic and integrated assessment approach. This means considering the different phases of the talent management strategy and integrating them in a continuous iteration process that places people at the centre in relation to business needs and corporate strategies. This process feeds the pipeline for current and future critical skills and roles and directs resources toward targeted growth, allowing you to steer your company toward success.
We leverage data and analytics to measure individual and organisation success. Our strategic and integrated approach consists of four main steps:
|Phase: Envision and articulate the future vision of skills||Phase: Understand the current state through research insights and benchmarks||Phase: Create bold solutions with measurable outcomes toward the future state skill vision||Phase: Deliver sustainable results and bake the skill transformation into the fabric of the organisation|
|Focus: What's the real business challenge we're trying to solve with this shift – from an employer and an employee perspective?||Focus: Where is the work going right and wrong from a productivity and an employee experience perspective?||Focus: What changes to work will simultaneously improve productivity and the employee experience of work?||Focus: How do we create a way of working that’s productive, compelling and sustainable?|
Supporting and related talent assessment solutions
Talent marketplaceUnlock skills and build future capacity by understanding what employees can do now and what they can do in the future with targeted development. A talent marketplace platform will match them to business needs at scale and speed.
Skills-based talent strategiesMercer Skills-Edge Suite offers consulting, technology and data to give you the insight to advance skills-based talent and pay practices across your company.
HR training (Mercer Learning)Equip your employees with e-learning courses and virtual workshops that will help them command the future. Or create a custom series targeted to your talent needs.
Mercer | Mettl assessment platform
Choose the right customised or off-the-shelf psychometric and skill assessment tool on a self-administration platform. The platform allows you to assess technical and soft skills in all functional areas, IT, sales, HR, etc.