- Legacy planning
- Retirement planning
- Wealth accumulation
- Asset protection
Our Savings Plans have unique features to help clients fulfil their needs for retirement, legacy planning and wealth distribution.
There are three ways this occurs:
- Savings Plans allow for a change of the insured individual or party. This enables wealth transfer and the policy owner’s ability to change the insured life to another person, such as their spouse or next of kin.
- They provide for death benefit settlement options. This guarantees wealth distribution according to the policy owner’s preferences. Death benefits can also be settled as a lump sum or customised into annual instalments.
- Savings Plans also provide a guaranteed coupon. This generates a significant cash flow for the policy owner during their lifetime. The policy owner also receives annual dividends and coupons.
PCS by Mercer Annuities have two phases:
- Phase one: accumulation – this is when premiums are paid and funds are invested for the future.
- Phase two: annuitisation – this is when payouts begin.
High-net-worth (HNW) and ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) clients can deploy Annuities in several ways:
- Annuities are a wealth-transfer tool that gives you full control. An adequately structured Annuity gives the policy owner complete control of the asset throughout their lifetime. This creates enormous scope for an Annuity to be a gradual wealth-transfer tool.
- The manageability of an Annuity makes it perfect for teaching good wealth-management practices to the next generation without risking other family assets.
- Annuities – in some jurisdictions – allow for debt isolation.
- There are minimal health-disclosure obligations for Annuity policy owner.
- Annuities also provide a certain income regardless of circumstances, an important consideration when markets are volatile.
Planning is everything when it comes to wealth transfer. You can start giving your wealth to family members as gifts during your lifetime – subject to jurisdictional tax regimes – or as an inheritance. It doesn’t matter what age you are or how long you may live; it’s crucial to begin planning now rather than putting it off until it could be too late for your plans to come to fruition.
To plan now also brings control and mitigates changes life can throw at you. Once you have a plan in place, don’t treat it as a set and forget. A good rule is to review your wealth-transfer plan every 12 months. This is even more important during volatile times of economic change, when the financial markets are in flux.
Here are some of the benefits of wealth-transfer planning with PCS by Mercer.
Combining protection and Savings Plans
As global change and market volatility continue, our Savings Plans and Life Protection products can help you continue accumulating and preserving generational wealth. Combining Life Protection with a Savings Plan can also strengthen your family’s wealth into the future, as each generation continues building on your legacy. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing your assets are protected, will stay in your family where they belong, and can keep growing.
We will work with you to customise a Life Protection and Savings Plan package unique to your circumstances and will build contingency into every aspect of your life.*Clients should externally refer to their tax consultants. This is not intended to provide tax advice in any respect.