Fair Dealing Statement
The Fair Dealing Guidelines (the “Guidelines) issued by Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) is targeted to encourage fair dealing by all financial institutions in Singapore in their conduct of business with clients.
The Guidelines stipulate five fair dealing outcomes which are aimed to achieve the following:
Outcome 1Fair dealing is central to corporate culture
Outcome 2Products and services offered are suitable for target customer segments
Outcome 3Competent financial representatives who provide customers with quality advice and appropriate recommendations
Outcome 4Customers are provided with clear, timely and relevant information to make informed decisions
Outcome 5Customer complaints are handled in an independent, effective and prompt manner
At Private Client Services by Mercer, the Board and Senior Management are committed to the MAS’ prescribed fair dealing outcomes listed above. Mercer PCS is fully dedicated to delivering fair outcomes in all our dealings with our clients, which are:
- Acting fairly and reasonably as well as proactively apply the letter and spirit of the Guidelines on Fair Dealing;
- Ensuring that all products and services are suitable for you as an individual. At Mercer PCS, products are assessed to be suitable for you before our Financial Consultants recommend life insurance products to you.;
- All our Financial Consultants undergo training regularly to upgrade and improve their product knowledge including technical expertise;
- You can be assured that you will receive the necessary disclosures of the products recommended to you and all recommendations are made on a reasonable basis with respect to your investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs, whilst you decide on an appropriate life insurance product;
- Performances of incepted policies are communicated to you on regular basis; and
- We will be open and transparent with regards to ensuring that any dispute is resolved fairly and quickly.