A prominent outsourcing company had an inadequate absence management system that lacked needed reporting and tracking features.
The client wanted:
- Robust reporting to increase productivity by helping line managers manage absences and streamline scheduling.
- Ability to track, predict, and reduce absences using actionable data points to monitor and control the population health into the future.
Mercer Marsh Benefits ’ Solution
Working with the client to develop an absence management program that fit the needs of the business and addressed current obstacles, Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) identified four essential functions:
1. Centralize intake of absence notifications
2. Improve information flow for early intervention
3. Capture data on absence cause, duration and frequency
4. Implement return-towork protocol and recovery monitoring
MMB partnered with the preferred local vendor to build a dedicated, first-of-its-kind, end-to-end absence management program from the ground up.