Data • Insights • Direction
Mercer presents People Risks in M&A Transactions, the first M&A research of its kind, to provide an exclusive focus on the key people risks and related value drivers in M&A transactions: employee retention, cultural integration, leadership assessment, compensation and benefit levels, and overall talent management.
Critical Insights and Effective Solutions: M&A Transactions From a Human Capital Perspective
Offering robust data and analysis as well as unique insights and guidance, the report provides an in-depth view of the human capital issues buyers and sellers are facing in the marketplace. In addition, this report identifies practical solutions and strategies organizations are deploying to hedge these risks effectively and drive deal value.
Effective transition structure, people-related risks management, workforce planning, HR strategy and analytics are crucial in meeting M&A transaction challenges.
About the M&A Report: People Risks in M&A Transactions
The research behind People Risks in M&A Transactions echoes Mercer’s 70+ years of experience managing deals for both financial and strategic clients around the globe.
Related: Flight Risk in M&A: The Art and Science of Retaining Talent, Mercer 2017.
“Top performers are expensive to replace. And buyers are vulnerable to the fight risk of key talent in most transactions.”
To learn more about Flight Risk in M&A - The Art and Science of Retaining Talent check the new Mercer 2017 Research Report.
Get the Full People Risk in M&A Transactions Research Report and Deep Dive Into 5 Key Solutions That Can Make or Break a Deal:
- Talent Assessment: How do you make sure the right people get into the right jobs.
- Pension Derisking: Demystify the risks associated with assuming a DB plan—an advantage for both buyers and sellers.
- Divestitures: Analysts are predicting more divestitures in next 2 years than ever before. Unlock value through split-ups and stand-ups.
- Culture integration and communications: We outline 5 steps to follow for harmonious integration.
- HR Technology and Operations readiness: The most successful acquirer focuses on these 3 key areas of HR operations and tech.
The survey draws findings from:
- 300+ survey responses from the buy and sell sides, including HR executives and, private equity, finance, corporate development, and operational leadership.
- 78 interviews with corporate and private equity clients, investment bankers, and M&A advisors.
- Nearly 450 analyzed transactions, over half of which were cross-border.
“Both buyers and sellers tell us they need rich data, unique insights and practical guidance to maximize transaction value and reduce people-related risks. The goal of our research is to enable business leaders, inside and outside the HR function, to make more informed people decisions in the current challenging global deal environment.” - Jeff Cox, Mercer’s global M&A transaction services leader
Thank you for your interest in Mercer’s M&A Research Report.
If you do not have your pop-up blocker enabled, you will be prompted by your browser to download the report or to view it in a new window. In addition, you will receive an email from Mercer shortly with a link to access the Research Report.