Pension risk transfer activity saw another banner year in 2014 with more jumbo buyout deals and a substantial uptick in voluntary cashout programs generating further interest and momentum. Despite falling funding levels, 2015 also provides many opportunities to manage and transfer pension risk and raises a host of recent developments sponsors should consider. Join Mercer experts on February 24 at 2pm EST for an in-depth discussion on developments in the pension risk transfer market.
We will be discussing:
- An update on a broad array of risk transfer approaches including buyouts, voluntary cashouts and full plan termination.
- How recent mortality table changes affect these risk transfer activities in different ways.
- How sponsors are reacting to continued downward pressure on interest rates.
- The case to be made for voluntary pre-funding in a low rate environment.
- Case studies and innovations in the buyout market, and how increased sophistication can improve buyout price transparency and deliver cost savings.
Join us on February 24 to learn more.
Richard McEvoy, Partner, Financial Strategy Group
Sean Brennan, Partner, Financial Strategy Group