Executive governance is the “glue” that creates clear accountability, productive collaboration, and operating efficiency within today’s increasingly complex organizations. The CEO is responsible for ensuring that governance is keeping pace with the performance and marketplace requirements of the Company. But while governance models are often highly rational and clear on paper, politics and emotions can dilute their intent in the course of execution – something that calls for the direct oversight of the CEO.
Delta work with CEOs and their teams to refresh or design new executive governance models by:
- Assessing the effectiveness of existing governance approaches, including the accountabilities and decision-making rights of the various individuals, groupings, and structures within the organization
- Understanding the different perspectives of senior leaders on the adequacy of the governance model and where, why, and how it needs to change
- Helping to create the criteria for designing and evaluating different governance options
- Facilitating discussion within the senior team to decide the best option, and identifying the implications for people, processes, and structures
- Guiding the development of a communication and implementation plan to engage key stakeholders
- Advising throughout the implementation and supporting recalibration or additional work, where needed