QUICK LINKS: HOME | NEWSLETTERS | FREE PUBLICATIONS | MEET THE TEAM
The Responsible Investment Update, our global review, highlights important new resources and reports on how investors are approaching environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) considerations.
ISSUES: 23 / 22 / 21 / 20
- Maximizing Investment Outcomes from Indigenous Settlements: What does best practice governance mean for Indigenous settlement claims? Mercer discusses findings from its recent report, First Peoples’ Settlement Peer Practices, drawing insight from government settlements with Indigenous groups from around the globe.
- Inspiration Profile: Jane Ambachtsheer: In this article from Benefits Canada, get a closer look into our Global Head of Responsible Investment’s background and learn about her career path within Mercer.
- Responsible Investment – Not a Religious Experience: What are the differences between Responsible Investment and ethical or socially responsible investing? Mercer addresses some common misconceptions and describes the evolution of the Responsible Investment industry.
- Building a Responsible Investment portfolio: What kinds of options are available for investors looking to implement a Responsible Investment strategy? In this article, Mercer explores the institutional-quality market landscape.
- Case Study – Responsible Investment in Japan: What does Responsible Investment look like in action? This article describes how a Japanese corporate pension fund chose to implement an RI strategy focused on environmental, social and governance themes.
- And check out this recent news from Mercer:
- Opportunities in sustainability: With the world’s largest asset owners ramping up their allocations to sustainability themed investments, Mercer discusses related global policies, the risks, and the increasingly available investment opportunities.
- Carbon risk – Today, tomorrow and the future: Following the Australian Government’s implementation of a carbon tax, Mercer explores systematic, sector and security level risks and opportunities related to climate change.
- Insurance and Responsible Investment: The recently launched Principles for Sustainable Insurance represent growing awareness of sustainability challenges facing the insurance industry. In this article, we explore some ESG risks, review the Principles, and discuss some related actions for insurers.
- Durban Blues – With a Hint of Green. Although Durban gave some the blues, closer examination of the 2011 UN Climate Change Conference unveils more than a hint of “green.” In this article, Mercer discusses some outcomes from the talks, challenges in tackling climate change and their implications, and key issues for investors.
- ESG Ratings Update – 5,000 and Counting. As our global, cross-asset class pool of ESG rated strategies grows past the 5,000 mark, Mercer takes inventory of the research and discusses some leading examples and challenges in moving ESG analysis forward.
- What Happens After You Sign the PRI? So, you’ve signed onto the UN Principles for Responsible Investment. What now? Mercer discusses first steps for signatories, along with considerations for new signatories in developing internal structure, capabilities, and reporting around the commitment.
Mercer is a leading global provider of investment services, and offers customized guidance at every stage of the investment decision, risk management and investment monitoring process. We have been dedicated to meeting the needs of clients for more than 30 years, and we work with the fiduciaries of pension funds, foundations, endowments and other investors in some 35 countries. We assist with every aspect of institutional investing (and retail portfolios in some geographies), from strategy, structure and implementation to ongoing fiduciary management.
Proprietary and confidential
References to Mercer shall be construed to include Mercer LLC and/or its associated companies.
This contains confidential and proprietary information of Mercer and is intended for the exclusive use of the parties to whom it was provided by Mercer. Its content may not be modified, sold or otherwise provided, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without Mercer's prior written permission.
Opinions – not guarantees
The findings, ratings and/or opinions expressed herein are the intellectual property of Mercer and are subject to change without notice. They are not intended to convey any guarantees as to the future performance of the investment products, asset classes or capital markets discussed. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Mercer’s ratings do not constitute individualized investment advice.
Not investment advice
This does not contain investment advice relating to your particular circumstances. No investment decision should be made based on this information without first obtaining appropriate professional advice and considering your circumstances.