WHAT IS GIMD TM?
Mercer's Global Investment Manager Database (GIMDTM) is a powerful and versatile tool used by large institutions to access up-to-date information and insights on investment managers and strategies.
This comprehensive database is an intuitive web and excel based research tool that displays a wide range of information for institutional investors on over 5,200+ investment managers and over 25,400+ investment strategies. This information ranges from access to and analysis of performance data to viewing qualitative forward-looking research on investment managers supported by a powerful screening functionality.
HOW GIMD TM CAN BENEFIT YOU
- Access the same intellectual capital as used globally by Mercer consultants with advisory clients
- Use our independent opinion to provide an extra layer of governance to your selection and monitoring process
- Save time by accessing RFP-type information on demand via the web-based application
- Use our pre-populated manager information and research views to easily carry out desk based research prior to research visits, thus allowing you to use your time with managers more effectively
- Increase your in-house research capabilities in a cost-effective manner by accessing Mercer’s global research presence
GIMD TM FEATURES
GIMDTM is designed to allow clients to screen the entire database and extract valuable data at the click of a button. Features include the ability to:
- Displays a wide range of information for institutional investors on over 5,200+ investment managers and over 25,400+ investment strategies.
- Analyses both institutional and retail investment vehicles
- Examine the comprehensive narratives on each product's investment process and philosophy
- Screen managers and products using your own criteria and export the results to Microsoft Excel
- Focus on a specific manager's strategies by creating customized "watch lists"
In addition, our clients have the ability to carry out analysis on the performance of their managers, not only against their own benchmark, but also against the relevant Mercer peer group.
Mercer is a leading global provider of investment services, and offers customized guidance at every stage of the investment decision, risk management and investment monitoring process. We have been dedicated to meeting the needs of clients for more than 30 years, and we work with the fiduciaries of pension funds, foundations, endowments and other investors in some 35 countries. We assist with every aspect of institutional investing (and retail portfolios in some geographies), from strategy, structure and implementation to ongoing fiduciary management.